Monday, September 29, 2008

How to spend 6 months in Paris...

I have a return ticket for March 31.

Between now and then I will be working. Not in the conventional 9-5, uncomfortable shoes, paycheck to paycheck sense (although a paycheck would be nice!). I am an artist. I have NEVER spent more than several stressful hours putting together art for an assignment at school or to show at Artomatic. I have been teaching it, taking it in, and doing it for other people for too long.


I want to spend time on this thing brewing in me. I want to show myself what exactly it is, and eventually show you. I have my camera with me. And my intrinsic creativity. And now, finally, the missing piece- TIME. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that my mother's job posted her to Paris 3 years ago and she has a spare room.
Aside from clicking the Canon, I will be building a new website, painting, and working with new materials. It won't be a vacation, I can assure you.

I will also be moving south for a month to Villefranche, a small town near Nice, for a French immersion program. Although this may prove to be an "aversion program" from my art, I figure, WHY NOT. It will help me. Another notch on my language belt. I'll be there pretty much the month of November. Other travel plans include the UK, Spain, Sweden and Denmark. And weekends with my parents around France.

The big deal in the "real world" is that I will be submitting applications to several graduate programs in Arts Management/ Arts Administration. I don't feel like talking about it right now, considering I don't know where I will be accepted, and where I'll choose to attend. I'll let you know when it's nigh (Fall 2009).

I plan to explore far from the beaten path, but of course the highlights of Paris will be well toured, photographed, and loved during my sojourn.

Stay tuned...
SMB