Saturday, March 17, 2012

Smithsonian Magazine, Photo of the Day 1-23-12



A belated celebration!


An image I took on the last day of January, 2009 was selected as the
on January 23, 2012

(I just found it today, after having put my name in a Google Images search...)

This isn't my 1st photograph published online by the Smithsonian, I was an intern for their Photographic Services Department in Summer of 2004 and four of my Folklife Festival images were selected to be online, two from "Haiti: Freedom and Creativity from the Mountains to the Sea" are below:

(Both photographs are Copyright 2004 Smithsonian Folklife Festival Images)


Horn Blowing at Voodoo Demonstration
Haitian Dancers

  


THIS January was the 1st time my work has been highlighted by the Institution since my internship ended.

Gung hay fat choy,
(a Cantonese new year greeting meaning may you become prosperous),
Sarah